The company secretary plays an important role in ensuring that your company is compliant with all laws applicable and maintain in good standing at all relevant statutory obligation. The responsibilities of company secretaries in Hong Kong has grown more complex, with rising demand for better corporate governance. For example, with effect from 1 March 2018, trust or company service providers (TCSPs) in Hong Kong, including firms offering company secretarial services, are required to apply for a licence from the Registrar of Companies under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing Ordinance (“AMLO”). At Mühler McKay, we are well knowledged and experienced in taking up this legally-related role for you.
Our on-going company secretarial services include:
- Arrangement for mandatory annual statutory filings with Companies Registry
- Convening of Annual General Meetings (AGM), board, committee meetings of directors and shareholders
- Preparation for board and/or shareholders resolutions or minute taking regarding to approval of directors’ reports and audited accounts
- Submission of application for business registration certificate annually, changes to the board of directors’ structure, company name and etc
- Preparation and file documents for share transfer, share allotments and share-related transaction
- Advice on liquidation and bankruptcy
All Hong Kong Limited Companies are required to have a registered physical address in Hong Kong, we also provide customised registered address & virtual office services to business, including but not limited to mail handling and forwarding services to any address worldwide, telephone services and etc.