Corporate Services in Hong Kong
Company Secretary Services in Hong Kong
Under the Hong Kong Companies Ordinance (Cap. 32), every Hong Kong Limited Company must appoint at least one company secretary. The company secretary takes an essential role within a Hong Kong Limited Company. Not only is any company, public or private, registered in Hong Kong required to appoint at least one company secretary under the Hong Kong Company Ordinance, the appointed company secretary is an officer of the company reporting directly to the board of directors and the chairman.
The company secretary’s function is to maintain and administer the statutory records of a Hong Kong Limited Company and to provide sound and timely advice to directors and board members on key issues such as corporate governance and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. A broad and thorough knowledge of the applicable rules and regulations is imperative and non-compliance will result in penalties or sanctions. Mühler McKay can render the needed company secretary services, if you do not employ company secretarial staff yourself.
Apart from corporate compliance with the rules and regulations a Hong Kong Limited Company is subjected to, the company secretary and thus company secretary services also plays a pivotal role in corporate and business restructuring exercises.
Mühler McKay can be appointed as company secretary for your Hong Kong Limited Company and render the necessary and needed company secretary services.
We are committed to reduce your worries and doubts in regard of all relevant laws pertaining company secretarial duties and company secretary services. In addition, we can assess whether your businesses corporate strategy is generally in compliance with statutory laws and analyse the opportunities of your Hong Kong Limited Company.
Our company secretary services generally include:
- Maintaining and updating of the statutory books of the Hong Kong Limited Company, such as the Company’s registers of shareholders, directors, etc.
- Ensuring that the Hong Kong Limited Company complies with all relevant laws and regulations
- Arranging and convening of the annual general meeting as well as committee meetings of directors and shareholders
- Drafting of directors resolutions or taking minutes in relation to matters such as approval of directors’ report and audited accounts
- Preparing and submitting statutory documents, including annual return form
- Preparing and submitting application for business registration certificate
- Changes to the board of director’s structure or the Hong Kong Limited Company’s name
- Drafting, submitting and filing of particulars to the Companies Registry
- Preparing share transfers and share allotments
- Deregistering the Hong Kong Limited Company and suspending applications for activities
- Providing relevant advice on liquidation and bankruptcy
- Supporting services
Mühler McKay also provides supporting services for business operations such as assistance with incorporation services / company formation services, advising on tax efficient legal structures for (groups of) companies (corporations, for instance a Hong Kong Limited Company, partnerships, branches, representative offices), bookkeeping and accounting (according to Hong Kong principles) as well as audit arrangement, general corporate compliance like provision of company secretary services (in Hong Kong) as well as providing a registered address or virtual office in Hong Kong, obtaining obligatory registrations, permits and licenses, as well as employment advice, including Hong Kong work visa application and general guidance.
Whether you are a start-up, an established small or medium sized enterprise / SME, or a multinational group our objective is to help your organisation efficiently when it comes to company secretary services.
We appreciate the opportunity to consult you in regard to our company secretary services and to assist you with your business.
Please contact us or visit us in Hong Kong for your first consultation for our company secretary services.
Mühler McKay based in Hong Kong is a business advisory firm with worldwide reach and renders, among others, company secretary services to a diversified international client base from various industries and sizes.